On April 2nd, the County of San Diego Health and Human Sevices Agency put out an Addendum to their Health Officer Order requiring all businesses that remain in operation and allow members of the public to enter their worksite to take certain measures. These are:
● No later than 12:00 am on Tuesday, April 7, 2020, the company must complete and post the Social Distancing and Sanitation Protocol at each of their locations open to the public.
◦ The Protocol must be posted at or near the entrance of each location and be easily viewable to the public.
◦ A copy of the Protocol must be distributed to each employee at the worksite.
● Effective 12:00 am, Saturday, April 4th, all employees who have contact with the public in any grocery store, pharmacy/drug store, convenience store, gas station, restaurant and other business establishments that serve food must wear a face-covering according to the guidelines provided by the County of San Diego.
● One of the requirements is that in addition to posting the Protocol, an employer who allows the public into their workplace must also post a notice letting people know they should not enter if they are feeling sick, they should maintain social distancing and should not shake hands with anyone. SDHRC has created a handy Editable Notice for you to post that meets the requirements of the Protocol. If you prefer a ready to go version, you may you this PDF Notice.
● The above applies to all covered businesses in the County of San Diego.
As always, we are here to help if you have any specific questions about your companies situation! Contact us today or learn more about our COVID eShield Hotline that is complimentary for 90-days.