Tools and resources to guide your human resources policies
At SDHR Consulting we have put together this list of resources in the hopes that it will help educate and provide valuable insight. Use these resources to stay up-to-date on compliance, human resources policies issues, and explore best practices. In addition, feel free to browse through our resource center to find a cornucopia of information on a number of human resource matters. We consider this the handbook for human resources experts across the states that covers whatever regulations your HR team needs to know.
These resources under the “find” category are intended to help guide you through the process of finding potential candidates. Take a look through these links so you can explore the best practices and policies.
- California Labor Market
- Pre Employment Guidelines
- Background and Credit Checks
- Reference Check Form
- A Guide for California Employers
Another important step when it comes to finding new candidates is making sure to hire them correctly. For that reason, we have created a list specifically for “hire” that provides valuable information on policies and procedures.
- Employer Registration Requirements
- Employee or Independent Contractor? Check here.
- Wage Order 4-2001: Wages, Hours & Working Conditions in the Professional, Technical, Clerical, Mechanical
- Employee’s First Day – What Should I Do?
- Hiring Minor Employee’s
- Minor’s work permits click here
- Guidelines for Teen employees
- Independent Contractor Registration Requirements
- Labor Code Section 2810.5 Notice
- Predesignation of personal physician/chiropractor form
Certainly, when you put so much effort into finding and hiring the right candidate, it is important to make sure you do everything you can to retain this individual. Therefore, we have provided this list of resources on retaining candidates that will help educate you on various subjects. These subjects include information on anti-harassment, disability, reducing stress in the workplace, and more so you can feel at ease.
- California Department of Industrial Relations eTool (Training, Meetings, Best Practices)
- Workers’ Compensation: Online Guidebook for Employees
- Employer Injury Report Form OSHA 5020
- Workers’ Compensation Claim Form DWC-1
- Notice to Employees – Injuries Caused by Work DWC-7
- Cal OSHA Injury Reporting Spreadsheet for Forms 300, 300A, 301
- OSHA-Want a Free Assessment? Check out the free services through CalOSHA
- SDHR Consulting Guidelines for Safety Training
- eTool to create an Injury Illness Prevention Plan (IIPP) Do you need one? Check here.
- Low Hazard Industries
- High Hazard Industries
- IIPP for High Hazard Model
- IIPP for Non-High Hazard Model
- Heat Illness Prevention Plan and Training
- Helpful CalOSHA Publications for all Industries
- Employee Disability Information DE 2515
- Disability Discrimination Facts
- State Disability Q & A
- SDI Online
- Disability Discrimination Pamphlet
Terminating an employee is an often tough and tense subject, but it does not always have to be stressful. Thankfully, HR services provide you with everything you need to do in order to make sure everything is done correctly. Above all, take a look at these human resources policies that will help you stay in the know when it comes to policies and guidelines for termination.
- Unemployment Insurance DE 2320
- Final Wages: What you need to know
- Notice to Employee as to Change in Relationship
Laws That Apply to Your Business
At SDHR Consulting, we know that laws can quickly become complex and often confusing. For that reason, we have compiled a list of resources that you can quickly look through so that you can be in the know.
California State Agencies
- Department of Industrial Relations
- Employment Development Department (EDD)
- Department Fair Employment & Housing (DFEH)
State Laws & Regulations
- California Labor Code & Regulations
- California Wage Orders
- Labor Commissioner Opinions
- DSLE Enforcement Manual