Behind every successful company is a hardworking and dedicated support team that moves mountains when the need arises and is the glue that holds it all together.
Administrative Professionals and their talents are essential to any organization and deserve to be recognized and celebrated.
In 1952, National Secretaries Week was founded to celebrate and honor Administrative Professionals and in 1955, the observance date of National Secretaries Week was moved to the last full week of April, with Wednesday being designated as Administrative Professionals Day.
It is a day that is celebrated in many countries and recognizes the work of secretaries, administrative assistants, receptionists
Administrative Professionals Day is a day that all organizations should remember and celebrate in their own special and creative way. Throughout history, bosses have given out candy and flowers to their Administrative staff, but why not go a step further and think outside the “chocolate” box?
Your support staff go above and beyond all year long, so make this day extra special and bright for them by getting them that spa day gift card, treat them to their favorite lunch spot or even give them a handwritten card that conveys how truly irreplaceable they are to your organization (signed by all those who they support).
In today’s world, social media is thriving and what better way to recognize your support staff then by giving them
This is a time for your company to highlight the remarkable contributions your Administrative Support team makes to the overall wellness of your company, so don’t let this day slip by without making the extra effort to ensure your employees feel important and valued.
By celebrating this day, it might even spark your organization to embrace the idea of recognition on a more regular basis for all of your employees and their contributions to the organization.
Acts of appreciation can be small but will make a huge impact!
That’s why, to keep the appreciation spirit going and to shed light on the importance of recognition, we put together a list of fun and creative ways to show your employees how truly awesome you think they are.
- Feed Them – bring in donuts, organize a potluck, take them to lunch, family BBQ’s
- After an employee has left for the day, stick a candy bar, their favorite snack, or treat in their desk drawer
- Give shout-outs during staff and company-wide meetings
- Send e-mail kudos
- Remember their birthdays and work anniversaries
- Find a fun trophy, stuffed animal, or figurine that you can pass around the office. Give it to an employee who has exemplified one of your organizational values, and let them keep it on their desk for a week
- Offer fun projects or professional/personal development opportunities
- Take the whole team to work off-site for the day — work at cafes, libraries, or anywhere with Wi-Fi
- Encourage peer-to-peer recognition
- Send them home early on holiday weekends
- Go on Team Building adventures (volunteer together)
- Take to your company’s Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to recognize your employees in a public setting
- Host company events (invite all employees)
- Organize a formal “employee appreciation day” at work. Make a whole event out of it with food, awards, and team-building activities